Tuesday, June 11, 2013

I made it


That's a picture from my layover in Frankfurt. I did it! I braved the city during my layover! I got really confused on the way back, though, and it took this gracious man walking me to the train platform to which I was supposed to go to get back to the airport on time. Totally a God thing. Also, another God thing, I drank Bankok water- like a lot of it- and haven't gotten sick yet. Yay the power of prayer.

Now I'm here. I don't have any pictures to prove it, but if you could hear the roaring of motorbikes and chirping of crickets and lizards, you'd believe me. I had my orientation for my internship today. Which was AWESOME. It's such a beautiful building and it's air conditioned (yay!). The people there have been suuuper kind and welcoming. I could eat for $1 a meal here, it's so cheap!

I've spent a lot of time with God today, mostly because I've really needed it. I've been intimidated, exhausted, and overwhelmed quite a bit in the past 24 hours. And God's really showed up. One thing I really took away today is that God is the God of shalom. As all of us Gordon students know, Shalom is complete flourishing. As I prayed today, I could see how God wanted complete flourishing for me in every are of my life. He is so good!

I appreciate your prayers and thoughts. I have a ton of internet access here, so feel free to shoot me an email or a message. You guys are wonderful.

1 comment: