Sunday, July 21, 2013

There and back

3 summers ago, I came to Thailand. That trip changed my life and shaped my views on social justice and the world deeply. In fact, as soon as I left I wanted to go back. And here I am, back.

Yesterday, I got to stand in the same exact spot I stood in three years ago. It was at the watershed of the camp we did construction at. Do you know how many times I stared at the pictures of that place? Countless times. Last time I stood there, I had no idea how much God would bring me through. I didn't realize that in just a few weeks, I'd be in Romania learning life-changing stuff about God. I remember wondering where God was in areas of my life- I didn't realize that the stuff I was worried about was actually going to bring me sweet intimacy with Christ that coming school year. I didn't know about the college I was going to go to or how much I would grow and change in the way I see myself and the world.

I remember a woman mentioning people who come for a few months to Thailand. I remember thinking "I could do that". And now I am.
That stuff's surreal.

Here are some before/after pictures. Top is old, bottom is new.



                                         





                                           





Those are just a few examples. God is faithful and crazy.









No comments:

Post a Comment